First Rule Of Elks Is: Tell All Your Friends About the Elks!
So You Want to Join??
- To be eligible for membership in the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks, you must be a citizen of the United States over the age of 21 who believes in God.
- You must be sponsored by a member of the Elks. The Elk who proposes you for membership must obtain a Membership Application from the Lodge Secretary.
- After your proposer fills in the required portion, you will be given the Application for Membership. Fill it in, following the instructions and answering all questions. Return the completed application to the Lodge Secretary with the prescribed application fees.
- Your application will be read on the floor at a regular Lodge meeting. It will then be forwarded to the Investigating Committee, who will call and interview you.
- After the interview is concluded, the committee will report to the Lodge concerning your membership. The members will be given a notice not less than 10 days nor more than two months before the vote will be taken.
- When the vote is concluded, you will be notified and asked to present yourself and your spouse for indoctrination. During indoctrination, you will learn more about the Order’s programs and charities. You will also be told during the program the date you will be initiated.
- After initiation as an Elk, you can take part in all meetings and social functions of the Lodge.
- If for any reason your application is rejected, you cannot make application for membership for six months from the date of rejection.